Never too late for a Banana Cake(I don’t accept people call it Bread!)!!
This was probably the first quarantine baking recipe fever and even if I was out of it for 2 months I decided to bake it with you right when we getting closer to the end of this weird times.
I hope you try this recipe and let me know if you like it! Let me know also if already have a favorite Banana Bread(ops, cake) recipe!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
For 1 cake( 8-10 slices)
- 300g very ripe bananas(you can use frozen bananas also);
- 50g applesauce or vegan yogurt
- 45g olive oil
- 60g plant milk of choice
- 130g brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar;
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder;
- ½ tsp baking soda;
- 200g whole spelt flour(buckwheat or oat mixed with rice flour for gluten free version);
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 extra banana for decoration(optional)
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite granola(optional)
- Mash the bananas with a fork;
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients together besides the banana for decoration and granola
- Split the Banana for decoration in a half;
- Place the cake batter into a loaf pan and top it with the 2 sliced bananas and granola;
- Bake it at pre-heated oven at 180°C for about 30-40 minutes;