A very special easter holiday for all food lovers out there!!
Not an extra recipe but a repost from an old one(also carrot based) and so delicious that deserves to be remembered!
I will for sure repeat this one today and I hope you also!!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
for 2 people
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 onion
- 1 shallot
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon tomato extract
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- Roast the whole carrots and onion, with skin, at 180°C for about 40 minutes;
- Take the roasted vegetables out of the oven and let it cool down for 30 minutes or overnight in the fridge;
- Peel the carrots and onions and save for later. You can freeze it in a bag to use in left over veggie stock later on;
- Chopp the roasted carrots and onions, raw shallot and capers with the knife or with a small blender;
- Season everything with mustard, tomato extract, olive oil, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper;
- Add the tapioca starch and mix well with a spoon.
- Adjust salt, pepper and spice to taste and mold the tartar in round cutters or serve with a spoon in small bowls;
- I served mine with some crackers, but you can go for some panisse fries