The second Topinambur recipe is a fresh and at the same time warming winter salad!
Enjoy your greens and roasted roots and bee sure body and soul will feel happy and energized!
This is a perfect yummi salad for winter since we combine the dark leaves with some roasted winter veggies and a creamy rich dressing to complete the meal!
During winter months it’s sometimes difficult to add salad in our routine. We crave more cooked veggies in cold weather but at the same time it’s still very important to add the boost of vitamins and energy that only fresh green leaves can offer to you!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
for 4-5 people
- 6-7 topinamburs , cut in half
- 3-4 salsifis or carrots, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary and thyme
- Juice from ½ lemon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Buckwheat Crepes or whole wheat Flatbread (optional)
- 3-4 cups fresh dark green leaves(any mix of preference, I used baby spinach, ruccola and beetroot leaves)
Walnut Spinach Pesto:
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup raw spinach
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- ½ cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Pre-heat the oven at 180°C and roast the veggies with olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and herbs for about 40 minutes. Check with a knife if the center is soft and the edges crispy before taking them out of the oven. If needed, leave for longer time, each oven can be different;
- Meanwhile blen all the pesto ingredients in a small food processor until it becomes thick and creamy. If you like a sauce more liquid, add a more water and blend again;
- Roast the flat Bread or buckwheat crepes in the oven for 10 minutes until it becomes crispy;
- Serve the green leaves with the roasted roots, crispy flatbread and top everything with the walnut pesto sauce;