It’s easter time and what other vegetable could I chose besides carrots??
This orange, long root vegetable has a funny look and a sweet delicious taste! Who doesn’t like carrots?
This recipe it’s for those days you believe you have nothing in the fridge besides a few carrots and don’t know how to transform them into your whole delicious quick meal…
Enjoy your carrot time!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
Serves 3-4 people
- 6 kefir lime leaves(optional, you can find in asian shops in fresh or frozen or use coriander and lime zests instead)
- 5 medium carrots with the leaves
- 1 ½ cup cooked chickpea (1 can, rised)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 mashed garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vegan mushroom sauce (also easy to find in Asian shops, vegan replacement for fish sauce)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Chop the kefir lime leaves and the carrot greens.
- Heat a frying pan with the olive oil and add the onion and garlic with a pinch of salt. Lower to medium heat and cover the pan for simmering the onions;
- Once the onion is cooked, add the carrots and cover again to let it cook for about 5-10 minutes;
- Add the greens, the chickpeas and the soy and fish sauce. Cover the pan again and let it cook for more 5 to 10 minutes;
- Taste and adjust salt if needed;
- Serve warm as a side or main dish(depending on your hunger) or cold, topping your salad;