Second Recipe is here and guess what? We have almost the same ingredients then the first one and still a completely different recipe!
Carrots and black eyed peas but you could also make it with chickpeas or lentils.
Who doesn’t love falafel?
Try this carrot falafel and discover how something is so good can always get better!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
for 3-4 people
- 150g raw black eyed peas, soaked overnight
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic gloves, mashed
- 200g carrots(aprox.2 medium)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons hemp or sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon curcuma powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon applecider vinegar
- 1 handful chopped parsley
- 1 handful chopped coriander
- Blend peas with the carrots, onion, hemp seeds, garlic and salt until it becomes a thick, humid dough;
- Transfer the dough to a bowl and mix the other ingredients with a spatula;
- Heat a non stick frying pan with a drizzle of coconut or olive oil and fry the falafels;
- To mold the falafel all you need is a big spoon. You place each spoon in the frying pan and mold with the spoon until it gets the size you want. Fry both sides and set aside;
- It’s ready to serve now. You can also freeze in portions for easy take away lunch;
- I served mine with some salad, roasted carrots with and caramelized onions.