I don’t know how it happened but Asian food got a big big space in my life! I just love the punchy intense flavors(who doesn’t?) and combining my so loved black beans and chinese seasonings, makes the whole thing even better.
The best part? It’s delicious AND so fast and easy to prepare! In not more then 20-30 minutes you have a crazy yummi dinner. Please make extra portions so you have next day leftover lunch, you will regret if you don’t do it!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
for 3-4 people
- 300g tofu block, sliced
- 200g cooked black beans
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 chinese spring onions, sliced
- 1-2 tbsp fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp mushroom sauce
- ½ cup water
- 1-2 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- Make triangles with the tofu slices(or any other shape you prefer);
- Heat a frying pan with a drizzle of sesame oil and fry the tofu pieces with a pinch of salt for about 5 minutes each side. Transfer the golden fried tofu pieces to a dish;
- In the same frying pan, add one tbsp of sesame oil and fry the spring onions with garlic and ginger for about 2 minutes;
- Add the soy and mushroom sauce and let it simmer for about 5 minutes;
- Add the cooked beans, the water, sugar and let it cook for about 5 minutes;
- Add the tofu and cook for extra 5-10 minutes before serving;
- I served it wich Chinese cucumber salad and steamed rice but it’s also great with Chinese noodles.