Naked Ravioli for some, Ricotta Gnocchi for others, this recipe actually is called Gnudi and absolutely delicious!
I was so happy to veganize this recipe! Always present at my parents weekend meals, food memories that make me feel so happy! A must try for everyone, Italian food simplicity is just made for summer days.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
Serves 2 people
- 200g tofu
- 50g cooked white beans(chickpeas or cooked potatoes also work)
- 1 tsp Nutritional Yeast(optional)
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 200g frozen spinach(or cooked fresh spinach)
- 1 tsp ground flaxseeds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 60-90g of flour(depends of the water content of the tofu and spinach) – Also possible to use GF flour mix
- ½ tsp salt
- Ground pepper to taste
- Ground nutmeg to taste
- Freshly made tomato sauce
- Some fried garlic slices (optional)
- Vegan parmesan cheese(optional)
- In a small food processor, blend the tofu + white beans + nutritional yeast + lemon + salt + flaxseeds + olive oil for about 30 seconds to a minute until it becomes a creamy ricotta;
- Chopp the defrosted cooked spinach;
- In a large bowl, mix the chopped spinach and the ricotta mixture;
- Slowly add the flour to the mix, until it reaches a texture that you can easily mold balls with the hands;
- Cook the Gnudi in salted boiling water like traditional gnocchi( only a few at a time, not boiling too hard);
- Serve the Gnudi over a generous bed of tomato sauce, add some fried garlic slices and vegan parmesan cheese on top.