Late for a great reason: Relaxing and resting!
After a short break to enjoy the national holidays with hubby, here it is last Sunday recipe!
This is all we need for this warm days, a delicious salad full of yumminess, crunch and freshness! Enjoy!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
for 3-4 people
- 4-5 big handfuls of chopped kale, trimmed and chopped(use romaine for a traditional Caesar salad)
- ½ cup vegan parmesan cheese(recipe bellow)
- ¼ cup soaked cashews
- ½ cup steamed cauliflower(you can also use firm tofu instead)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 3 tbsp capers
- 100g chickpea flour
- 150-200ml water
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cups corn flakes(unsweetened)
- ½ medium cauliflower or 1 small, in florets or cut in steaks
Quinoa “parmesan”(you can keep In the fridge for about a week)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 tbsp olive oil or vegan butter
- 10 Brazil nuts
- ¼ cup Nutritional yeast flakes
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- Steam or blanch the cauliflower for 3-5 minutes and set aside to coll down;
- Mix the chickpea flower, water and salt in bowl and let it sit for 10 min.
- Process the corn flakes to a powder and transfer to a bowl;
- Roll the coled cauliflower into the chickpea batter and just after over the corn flakes powder;
- Bake it at 190°C for about 15 minutes;
- Quinoa parmesan: Pulse the nuts in a small food processor until grounded;
- Transfer the crumbled nuts to a bowl and mix with the rest of the ingredients;
- Roast the in the oven at 170°C for about 15-20 minutes or fry in a non-stick frying pan;
- Sauce: Blend all the ingredients in high speed for about 1 minute, until creamy and smooth(optional to add the capers later, just chopped for more texture)
- Drizzle some olive oil, salt and lemon juice over the chopped kale and massage it for about 3 minutes until soft. Skip this step if using romaine salad;
- Mix the sauce in the massaged kale and top it with some crispy cauliflower bites or steak. Sprinkle some quinoa vegan parmesan on top and enjoy the yummy fresh flavours!