Pumpkin is definitely my comfort veggie! I love the sweet, intense flavor from this veggie and love to try new ways of using it in my recipes.
This Patties are so easy to make and such a great recipe for meal prep, you can freeze it for up to 3 months.
It’s an amazing quick lunch or dinner for busy days!
I served with roasted broccoli and Mint Creamy Pesto Sauce but I am sure it would also be great with salad and some hummus or Babaganoush
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
for 4-6 people
- 1 ½ cup grated pumpkin
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, mashed
- 2 handfuls chopped fresh mint leaves(optional)
- 2 handfuls chopped coriander
- 300g cooked chickpeas( or 1 can, rinsed)
- 300g cooked quinoa
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tbsp grounded flax seeds
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- Pepper to taste
Vegan ricotta or feta cheese
- Add the grated pumpkin, chopped onion and garlic with the chickpea in a small food processor with the salt and olive oil and blend it for 1 minute;
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and mix with the rest of the ingredients, using the hands;
- Make small balls with an ice cream scoop over a baking sheet, fill each ball with a teaspoon of vegan cheese;
- Bake the balls for about 40-60 minutes at 180°C;
- Ready to serve!