Last Purple Cabbage recipe of the week and since it’s Saturday and the weather is still good I am in barbecue mood!!
Yes, we can have Plant Barbecue! Try roasting your purple cabbage with some smoked paprika and discover the summer vibes in your plate!!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did!
PURPLE CABBAGE STEAKS WITH CHIMICHURRI BEANS
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
for 3-4 people
- 1 whole Purple Cabbage
- 500g cooked white beans (canned also work)(or sweet potato)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, mashed
- 1 teaspoon applecider vinegar
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1-2 teaspoons salt
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 4-5 heaped tablespoons chimichurri sauce + more for finishing
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 handfuls fresh parsley
- 1 handful fresh coriander
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon dry origan
- ½ red bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 echalote
- ½ cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 chopped chilli(optional)
- Slice the whole cabbage in one finger thick “steaks” , drizzle some olive oil, applecider vinegar, smoked paprika and salt and roast it at 180°C for about 40-50 minutes;
- Chimichurri Sauce: Chop all the dry ingredients and transfer to a bowl. Mix with the olive oil, lime juice and salt and set aside. It’s also possible to just add everything together to a food processor and use the pulse mode to make a more « pesto » texture sauce;
- Heat a large frying pan with a drizzle of olive oil and fry the garlic and onions until soft and juicy, for about 2 minutes;
- Add the Chimichurri sauce, the beans, salt and tahini. Stir to incorporate everything and let it simmer for about 5 minutes;
- Serve the Beans with the Steaks on the top and some extra chimichurri sauce.