Beautiful, Yummy, and lazy dinner alert!!!
Our second cabbage recipe could not be easier and still so delicious!
The nice purple color adds even more fun to our quick healthy dinner! Try this recipe out and tell me what you think and also don’t forget to add your personal touch to the recipe! It’s always nice to experiment in the kitchen!!
PURPLE CABBAGE and Chickpea Soup
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
for 4-6 people
- 1/2 medium purple cabbage, chopped
- 400g cooked chickpeas(canned also work)(or sweet potato)
- 2 litters of water
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 teaspoons salt
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- Fresh Plant Based Yogurt for finishing
- Savoury graNola or crushed nuts (optional)
- Add the cabbage, chickpeas, cumin powder, garlic cloves, salt and water to a soup pan and bring it to a boil. Turn down the heat to medium and let it simmer for 20 minutes;
- Add the apple cider vinegar and blend the soup until it gets creamy and smooth;
- Transfer back to the pan and give it one more boil with the olive oil;
- Serve with a tablespoon of plant based yogurt and some crunchy savoury granola or nuts;