ROASTED GARLIC AND BUCKWHEAT BISCUITS
First garlic week recipe is here for you to enjoy your holiday in the best way possible: Enjoying good food!!
This week Garlic will be the star of our recipes and I hope you enjoy as much as I did! Garlic can be so powerful but also so sweet and comforting, even better when caramelized or roasted!
I served this amazing garlic biscuits with some vegan ricotta and mapple syrup.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
for 6-8 people
- 1 cup (250ml) plant milk
- 1tbsp applecider vinegar
- 140g buckwheat flour(or oat flour)
- 100g rice flour
- 40g corn or tapiocastarch
- 10g nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 30g coconut oil
- 20g olive oil
- 7-8 roasted or caramelized garlic cloves, mashed(you can also use black garlic)
- 1 handful of chopped herbs, I chose chives and rosemary but parsley or thyme would also work.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp plant milk
- 2 tbsp buckwheat or seeds groats
- Roast the garlic cloves(with skin) for about 20 minutes at 180°C. Let it cool down and scrap the soft roasted garlic from the skin;
- Mix the flours with the oils, salt and mashed roasted garlic until it reaches a sand texture;
- Add the almond milk, slowly until it becomes a moldable dough, not to sticky but not too dry;
- Add the herbs, baking powder and soda and mix well to incorporate everything;
- Divide the dough in 12-16 small pieces;
- Form balls with the dough pieces, usin the hands or a spoon. Brush each biscuit and top it with some buckwheat or mixed seeds;
- Bake it for about 20 minutes at 180°C until it start to take some golden colour;
- It’s Ready to serve with your favorite spreads or as a side to amazing veggie soup;