ROASTED GARLIC AND SWEET POTATO SOUP with sweet and salty almonds
This week veggie was a big challenge!
I grew up believing I hated garlic since my mother hates it and we never had at home… It was when I left home that I actually realized I even like it! It carries so much flavor this little veggie and it can have so many powerful uses in recipes, It’s all about how to use i!
In this first recipe, garlic will appear in it’s sweet power version: Roasted! I promise this soup will only make you happy!!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
for 3-4 people
- 1 garlic head
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, chopped
- 500g cauliflower leaves and stalks(you can also use the florets), chopped
- 1-2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp applecider vinegar
Sweet and Salty Almonds:
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ tsp salt
- 1tbsp mapple syrup
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Roast the whole garlic head (with skin), the chopped sweet potato and cauliflower with a drizzle of olive oil for about 30-40 minutes at 180°C;
- Meanwhile… Sweet and Salty almonds: Just mix all the ingredients together and roast it at 160°C for about 15-20 minutes or until they start to look golden brown;
- Let the veggies cool down for 10 minutes and open the garlic head using a knife and scrap the roastd pulp from inside;
- Transfer the garlic pulp and roasted veggies to the pan with 3L of water or veggie stock and salt. Bring to a boil and let it simmer for 10 minutes;
- Using a immersion mixer, blend the soup until creamy; Adjust salt and pepper and add the olive oil and vinegar;
- Serve the soup with some crunchy almonds!