Summer is the season os Great salada but not only. We want quick, easy recipes that are also delicious!
Dips are always a great choice to receive friends or even to transform a simple salad into something more delicious.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
for 2-3 people
- 1 big eggplant or 2 smalls
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Juice from ½ lemon
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper powder
- ¼ tsp sumac
- Pommegranade seeds
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- Cut the eggplants lengthwise and make small cuts in the skin;
- Place it on a baking try and drizzle a bit of olive oil and salt;
- Roast at 190°C/200°C for about 30 minutes;
- Meanwhile place the peeled garlic cloves in a small sauce pan with the olive oil and let it cook slowly at very low heat for about 10-15 minutes;
- Take the eggplants out of the oven and let it cool down for about 10 minutes;
- Scrap the interior of each eggplant using a fork and place it in a small oven proof bowl. Using a torch, burn the top of the eggplant to add the smoky flavour(this step is optional but adds tons of flavour).
- Transfer to food processor with the garlic cloves, olive oil, lemon juice, tahini, salt and spices;
- Blend on pulse for 30 seconds;
- Transfer the Baba Ganoush to a bowl, cover with a drizzle of olive oil, chopped parley and pommegranade seeds and enjoy in sandwichs, salads, as dips with some flatbreads and with a spoon(I don’t judge!)