Last live recipe post just in time for our next live and next recipe.
This was so delicious in this sunny weekend!
Make sure you can test this recipe this week, you will not regret!!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
for 4-6 people
- 140g oats(or oat flour)
- 60g almond flour(rice also possible)
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 4 dates(medjool) or 1 tbsp muscovado sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 100g coconut oil(or butter if you prefer)
- 2 – 4 tbsp plant milk
- 150g soft tofu
- 90g soaked cashews
- 120g sugar
- 230g coconut milk
- 105g lemon juice(aprox. 3-4 lemons)
- Zest from 1-2 lemons
- ½ tsp agar agar
- 60g aquafaba
- 120g sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Juice from ½ lemon
- Crust: Add all the ingredients for the crust in a small food processor and blend until it becomes a sticky dough, for about 1 minute;
- Place the dough in the bottom of a tarte or cake non-stick pan(even better if you use one that open from the side), using your hands to press down the dough, forming a thin, firm layer. Pre Bake the crust for about 10 minutes in pre-heated oven at 180°C;
- Filling: In a small sauce pan, bring the lemon juice, coconut milk and agar agar to a boil, turn down the heat and let it simmer for 5 minutes;
- Blend all the ingredients together until smooth and creamy;
- Fill the pre-baked pie crust with the lemon curd filling and let it sit in the fridge for min. 2h;
- Meringue: using a mixer, whisk the aquafaba with the lemon juice and pinch of salt until fluffy and firm;
- Add slowly the sugar and whisk for about 5 minutes extra until shiny, fluffy and firm;
- Top the tarte with the meringue. Here you have the option to bake it in the grill function for about 3 minutes just to “burn” the meringue, use a torch to make the same “burn” effect or leave like that with the soft white meringue.