Celeriac is one more of those weird veggies that we often ignore but hides tons of flavour possibilities.
Curry is just the ultimate comfort food for rainy days!
Our first Celeriac recipe could not be something else then a mild, warming thai curry! This recipe is so easy and delicious you will not have any excuse no to try!
This is a meal prep friendly recipe!
Everything can be made in advance, frozen or kept in the fridge! I even think it gets only better the next day! I just love curries in lunchboxes, it’s a great take away lunch!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
Serves 3-4 people
- ½ medium celeriac, diced
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 200g button mushrooms, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3-4 tablespoons yellow thai curry paste(store bought or homemade)
- Juice from ½ lime
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 handful chopped coriander
- 1 handful fresh thai basil leaves(optional)
- 1 handful toasted cashew nuts( optional)
- Heat a frying pan with the coconut oil and fry the celeriac with 1 tablespoon soy sauce for about 3 minutes in medium high heat;
- Add the mushrooms and the rest of the soy sauce and fry for 5 minutes with the lid on;
- Add the curry paste and half of the coconut milk and let it boil for 2 minutes;
- Add water and chickpeas and let it simmer for 15 minutes with the lid on;
- Add fresh herbs, cashews, lime juice and the other half of the coconut milk, let it boil for 1-2 minutes ;
- t’s ready to serve!