The best thing about this recipe is that it has the power of bringing a bit os sun and happiness to your life even in rainy days!
I already told you here that I am a big corn fan, right? I create this recipe to bring some heat to my life in this rainy days.
The spicy flavors with the fresh sweet corn resulted in something so good I even forgot the bad weather outside!
Don’t be afraid of the long list of ingredients, this is an easy simple recipe, I promise!! The bites are also great for meal prep, you can freeze it for up to 3 months.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
Serves 3-4 people
- 1 ½ cup boiled cooked corn(I use frozen but canned also work)
- 1/3 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame oil(or any other oil)
- 1 small zucchini, grated
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, mashed
- ¼ cup grated coconut
- ¼ cup chickpea flour
- ¼ cup oats
- 3 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger(or ½ tsp ginger powder)
- 1 chopped fresh chilli(optional)
- 1 handfull chopped coriander
- Juice from ½ lime
Red Curry “Mayo” dip:
- 1 cup vegan Mayo(I used my recipe for “Better Mayo” but you can use your favorite)
- 2-3 tbsp red curry paste(again I used my own recipe for curry paste but there are many good brands in the market)
- ¼-½ cup coconut milk
- ½ tsp salt
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- Thai Corn Bites: Heat a frying pan with a drizzle of sesame oil and fry the onion + garlic + red bell pepper + fresh chilli fresh ginger with a pinch of salt for 3- 4 minutes;
- Blend 1 cup of the corn with the grated zucchini +chickpea flour +oats + coconut milk + grated coconut + salt + lime juice for 30 seconds, until it becomes a paste but still full of lumps and pieces;
- Transfer the mix to a bowl and mix everything with the fried onion mix, the rest of the corn and the coriander;
- Make small balls using an ice cream scoop or a spoon;
- Heat a frying pan with a drizzle of olive oil and grill the bites for 2 minutes each side;
- Red Curry Mayo: Just mix all the ingredients together in small container;
- Serve the bites warm with the red curry Mayo and enjoy the amazing punchy flavours!