I just love cakes, there is nothing more comforting then a piece of cake in the middle of the afternoon.
In rainy days like today, there is nothing more comforting!
This is a classical cake from my childhood, veganized. In the original version you I use apples but using seasonal plums only added more juicy and yummines to this delicious cake.
Try this recipe and use the fruit you have left, it’s great with any kind of fruit or nuts!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
Serves 4-6 people
- 160g gluten free mix flour(I make my own with 50g rice flour +50g oat flour + 40g almond flour + 20g corn starch)
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- 40g coconut oil(or any vegetable oil)
- 30g apple sauce(or yogurt)
- 110g light muscovado sugar(white sugar, dark muscovado and coconut also work but will change the color of the cake)
- 1 ½ tbsp ground flax seed
- 4 tbsp water
- 150g plain yogurt( I used soy plain yogurt)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2tbsp chopped pistachios
- 3 cups deseeded reine-claude plums
- 40g pistachio, grounded roughly
- 25g coconut oil (butter also works)
- 40g oat flour(or rice flour)
- 40g sugar, mapple syrup or honey
- Pinch of salt
- Cake: Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl until it becomes a smooth thick batter;
- Transfer the mix to a medium cake sheet pan or 4 small ones;
- Cut the deseeded plum in halves and place it on the top of the cake batter;
- Crumble: Mix all the ingredients with the hands until it becomes a “buttery sand”;
- Add the crumble on top of the cake and bake it for about 30-40 minutes at 180°C;
- Enjoy this juicy cake with a coffee or tea and if you wish you can serve with a big spoon of fresh yogurt and a drizzle of pistachio butter;