What is Gado Gado? It’s the most amazing, indulgent, delicious salad you will ever taste!
Peanuts + tempeh can not go wrong, right??
I am sure you will enjoy this recipe as much as I did!!
OBS: If you are nut intolerant or have allergies you can replace the peanut for toasted sesame seeds and make something similar and also delicious!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- 5 fresh red chillies, desseded
- 2 chopped lemon grass stalks
- 30g chopped galangal(you can replace by ginger)
- 15g chopped fresh tumeric
- 5 shallots(or 1 onion)
- 400ml water
- 100ml coconut milk
- 2tbsp tamarind paste
- ¼ cup Palm Sugar(coconut sugar also works)
- Salt 1 tbsp
- 1 cup ground toasted peanuts
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 300g tempeh sliced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet soy sauce(or soy sauce + sugar)
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- Steamed green Beans
- Fresh juicy tomatoes
- Boiled or roasted potatoes
- Fresh leaves
- Fresh mung bean sprouts
- Any veggie of preference
- Sliced cucumber
- Grated carrots
- Blend the chili, onion, lemongrass, galangal and turmeric with a drizzle of peanut oil and a pinch of salt until it becomes a paste;
- Heat a frying pan with a drizzle of peanut oil and fry the paste for about 3 minutes;
- Add water and let It simmer for 5 minutes;
- Add the rest of the ingredients and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes at medium low heat;
- Store the Satay Sauce in the fridge;
- Tempeh: Mix all the ingredients together and roast the tempeh for about 10-15 minutes at 190°C;
- Place your veggies in a Plate with tempeh and drizzle some generous amount of satay sauce on top.
- Optionally you can add glass noodles to your salad and make it even more delicious.