New Week, new Veggie: onion is the new star!!!
Onions are often used as seasoning but not always like the star of the meal!!
I love cooked onions in my food and even if this is a simple ingredient I believe we can discover it’s full potential together!
First recipe is here and if we are talking about simple this easy, quick, yummy Vegan Frittata!!
I served mine with some Kale salad in a sunny day but feel it also fits perfect with some sweet potatoes or roasted carrots!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- 2 onions, ½ sliced in rings, for decoration
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups cauliflower, chopped (you can also use chopped cauliflower stalks and leaves)
- 1 handful chopped kale or spinach
- 2 tbsps chopped fresh parsley
- 400g soft tofu (250g + 150ml water if using firm tofu)
- 100ml plant milk
- 1 tbsp chickpea flour
- 4 tbsp cooked chickpeas
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch (corn starch or arrowroot also work)
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp salt
- Pinch of black salt
- Pinch of turmeric powder
- Juice from ½ lemon
- Heat a frying pan with the olive oil and fry the sliced onions with the cumin and a pinch of salt until soft and juicy, about 3-4 minutes in medium heat)
- Add the cauliflower florets, kale, another pinch of salt, ¼ cup of water and let it cook for 10 minutes;
- Meanwhile in a small food processor blend all the other ingredients together until creamy and smooth;
- Mix the tofu chickpea cream with the Cauliflower and either let it cook in the frying pan with the onion rings on top for about 15-20 minutes in medium heat or bake it at 180°C;
- Sprinkle some chopped fresh coriander, salt and pepper. Serve warm and enjoy your vegan Frittata! OBS: You can also make this recipe like an omelet in individual portions.