Fennel and Mung Beans Green Curry
Yes, This is another week and I am late for the last week veggie recipe!
The reason for that is that things can also go wrong in Marinola’s kitchen!!
I wanted to post a recipe that I truly loved and that is easy to make… it’s finally it’s here!!
I hope you enjoy this easy Monday recipe that tastes like weekend meal!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
for 4-6 people
- 2 medium fennel bulbs 300g cauliflower(or cauliflower stalks)
- 2-3 heaped tbsp green curry paste(store bought or homemade)
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 lemon grass stalk, grated
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 cup mung bens, soaked overnight
- 200ml coconut milk
- 600ml water
- 1 handfull thai basil leaves(optional, you can use coriander instead)
- 2 tbsp mushroom sauce(optional, you can use soy sauce)
- Slice thinly one of the fennel bulbs and cut the second one in 4 pieces;
- Heat a frying pan(or wok) with a drizzle of coconut oil and fry the sliced fennel with the grated ginger and lemon grass for about 2 minutes;
- Add the green curry paste, let it fry for 2 minutes and add the carrots and rinsed mung beans and water. Let it cook for 20 minutes;
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan with a drizzle of olive and sesame oil and grill the fennel quarters at high heat for 2 minutes each side and then add one finger water and let it cook at medium low heat for 10 minutes;
- Once the mung beans are cooked, add the mushroom sauce and coconut milk to the pan, let it simmer at medium/low heat, without the lid on for about 5 minutes before serving;
- Serve the curry with the braised fennel quarter. I enjoyed mine with some corn cuscus but rice would also be a great side for this curry;