Mediterranean flavours in summer is like mini-holidays!
This tofu dish is so heartful and fresh at the same time, I hope you enjoy as much as I did!
Don’t worry if you don’t like tofu, you can replace it for cooked chickpeas or lentils and still get great results!!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
For 2 people
- 1 tofu block(around 200-250g), you can use chickpeas if you are not the biggest tofu fan
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 chopped onion
- a handful of black olives, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons harissa paste, you find this paste in asian groceries but is also possible to replace that for some chopped red 1/2 chopped bell peppers + 1/2 teaspoon paprika powder + 1/8 teaspoon dried chillies
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh olives, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 handful fresh coriander and parsley, chopped
Heat a frying pan with the olive oil;
Fry the garlic and onion with a pinch of salt until golden and juicy;
Add the harissa paste and dry spices;
Add tofu, cut in cubes, tomato and olives. Cover the pan and let it simmer in medium heat for about 5 minutes;
Add the fresh herbs and adjust salt and pepper and it’s ready to serve!
I served with Israeli Couscous and Mint Pesto Salad.